I'm really growing weary of this and not thinking clearly at the moment. Here is the latest:
9am - Took Sage to the allergist today. She does not have any allergies. I purposely took Jude with me so the allergist could listen to his lungs b/c he started w/ a fever, wheezing, and coughing last night.
His fever was down this morning but he was breathing rapidly and she could hear wheezing in his left lung. Although he is not her patient she felt he needed a breathing treatment so I nebbed him w/ Albuteral in her office. I raced Sage home to the sitter so she didn't have to go along for Jude's appt.
11:15am-Took Jude to the pediatrician. She was concerned b/c Jude was breathing so rapidly (56 breaths per minute). This is a sign of distress and could have landed us in the hospital. But he was happy and content even though coughing. We nebbed him again in her office with both Pulmicort and Albuteral. His breathing came down to 50 and then 46 breaths per minute. The goal is to be under 40 breaths per minute. She sent me for a chest x-ray to rule out pneumonia. NO PNEUMONIA! We are thankful. Jude is to get several breathing treatments a day as long as he is coughing and wheezing and we have to follow up at least via phone w/ the doctor tomorrow. I have prednizone for him but Lance and I are holding off on giving it to him to see if he does better without it. I hate to give it to him at such a young age and the allergist was also hesitant. The allergist even called to check on him this evening. Did I mention he isn't even her patient?
The poor babysitter had no clue what was going on but was very flexible. I just kept calling her and extending the time I'd get home. Eventually, Lance paid her and sent her home. I did not get home until around 3 I think. My parents came for Easter and are eager to help.
We have now had 8 medical appointments this week. I am exhausted and my allergies are in full force making it difficult to get rest. Please pray for our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment