Thursday, April 2, 2009

To the allergist!

I called the pediatrician yesterday to discuss how frustrated I was that when Sage is sick I can't get her seen at Children's Hospital. We chatted about a few options but we both agreed that since Sage has had weekly attacks, it's time to get her seen by an allergist. I called my allergist and made an appt. for the 23rd of April but they called today and are able to get her seen tomorrow. I'm hoping she'll do allergy testing so I'm preparing Sage for what it could feel like on her back. I also wrote out a huge list of all the meds this poor child is on during an attack. It is LONG. Last night we overdosed her on Pulmicort on accident. It's an inhaled steroid so there was nothing we could do for her and it's not as serious as Tylenol, etc. but it's a reminder that we need a better system to keep track of her meds. I'm waiting to see what the allergist prescribes before I spend time making a chart up for all of that.

It will be a busy day tomorrow. Lance will watch Jude and a neighbor will watch Sage so I can make it to my Dr. appt in the morning and then a sitter is coming to watch Jude for Sage's allergy appt. A friend is bringing Ainsley home from the bus stop for me so I don't have to worry about racing home to get her as Lance has a 4pm meeting and can't do it. Then we'll have a playdate here in the late afternoon. I'm tired just thinking about it.

No comments: