Sunday, May 10, 2009

Disappointed

Quick update sans pictures.
-Spoke to Dr. Rosenberg tonight b/c Sage is coughing like CRAZY and her nose is running a ton.
-It is miserable to watch her like this.
-Dr. R. agreed and said Benedryl and Afrin were the only other things he could recommend.
-Sage is on Omnicef for a suspected UTI (to be confirmed Monday or Tues.)
-She is on Diflucan for a confirmed yeast infection from all the stinkin' antibiotics that she just got off for sinusitis....and I guess for the new antibiotic she just started.
-She had a 103.7 fever Thurs. night and continued w/ a high fever through Sat. night. This is unusual for her. Strep test was negative.
-I'm kinda going backwards here...sorry...

I was really disappointed yesterday for Sat. HUGELY DISAPPOINTED. Disappointed is the only word that can perfectly describe what I feel for her. She is sick so often that she misses out on EVERYTHING. The beauty (if there is any) of it is that she is just 3 so she doesn't really "get" that she is missing out on stuff. But she was in Mother's Day Out all year and never got to go to a party. not a single one. Yesterday she missed out on the Spring Fling at Ainsley's school (moon bounces, face painting, cake walk....total fun to my kids!) and last night she missed out on watching Ainsley in her musical at church. Sage knows every word to every song in the play and she didn't even get to see it because she had a 102 fever.

The next step coming is for Dr. Daly (ENT) to look at Sage's adenoids to determine if they need to come out as they can play a big role in reoccurring sinusitis.

BTW-I had a really nice Mother's Day. Lance let me sleep in (this is HUGE) and the girls got me a petite rose bush and chocolates. Then I went shopping alone for some bling.

No comments: