Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Living in the land of "normal"

It's nice to live in (what I'm calling) "the land of normal". A land where, if my three-year-old has a fever and a snotty nose, I give her Motrin, lots of fluid, and ride it out. A land where, if she is coughing, my anxiety doesn't rise with each cough and gag. A land where coughing is coughing and I do not have to drag out the nebulizer and wake up at crazy times during the night to give her medication which really isn't helpful anyway. It's nice to be normal.

Sage is off antibiotics. I should have gone with my gut again on this one but didn't. At least she was only on the drug for 3 days before we took her off of it. I did have to chat with both doctors on this one since they were giving me the conflicting info (one said keep her on the drug, one said take her off). Hello? What do you people learn in medical school????? However, today her nose is snot city. I have never seen it so yucky and so NOT clear. YUCK. She already had fluid in her 1 ear last Fri. so I will not be surprised if the poor girl gets an ear infection. Her face looks swollen to me too. Is this the first time all the yuck has drained from her sinuses?? Hmmmm. An interesting question.

I fear that our little dude might be coming down with Sage's cold. He was a tiny bit warm to me tonight (99.0) so I will go check him now. I can't believe I had to buy my last baby a new bumper for the crib. It's a breathable bumper ...one that he won't suffocate on should he put his face right up to it...that boy is all over the crib! But I bought it more b/c his pacifiers (all 3 or 6 of them!) end up on the floor at night and then we have to turn on the light at some dreadful time to return them to his majesty's crib! At least I got it on sale!

No comments: