Friday, June 19, 2009

Ainsley's year in kindergarten



Posted by Picasa

These are some pictures from Ainsley's graduation party at school. She has had quite a year and I am so happy that she is in this program. Overall, I think she likes school and that is what counts! Sometimes she'd say she wanted to stay home but as soon as the bus came over the hill....I couldn't even get a kiss goodbye!

With having Sage so sick this year and a new baby I have not been able to be in Ainsley's classroom as much as I would like but that has actually been good for me. I can't be a control freak and I have stayed out the of some of the politics and drama that come with public school. The budget cuts have affected her program, but she won't feel it until 4th and 5th grade and a lot could change before then....hopefully.

Teacher comments from her report card:
"Ainsley has continued to do excellent work. She learns new concepts easily and is eager to learn. She reads 23/25 words on list 'A' and 19/25 words on list 'B' (in French) for first grade. She is reading on level 8 books in French. In hearing and recording sounds from dictation, she scored 13/15 points. In math, Ainsley did well in sequencing events, non-standard measurement, 2-and3-dimensional geometric shapes, estimating quantities, word problems and identifying coins and counting them. She continues to use her French as often as possible in class. Again, bravo and have a safe and fun summer."

I had to ask what level 8 books are and she said that 1 child is reading level 9 books and then there is A. at level 8, so she is doing well. Hooray!

I'm so excited b/c Lance is at Ikea right now getting a children's table to help with our seating dilemma in the kitchen. I really don't want to shell out big bucks for a new kitchen table and when we have a playdate over there is definitely not enough room for all of us and it is FRUSTRATING and not-very-nice-words-and-phrases such as "I hate my house" go through my mind. I also get really ANNOYED when the kitchen table has all sorts of arts and craft items on it and I have to spend a lot of time putting them away so we can find the top of the table to eat on. Now the kids can do their arts and crafts on the little table and who cares if the mess is there! I can't tell you how excited I am about this!

No comments: