Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Sage update #2

Talked to Rosenberg's nurse today. She told me that we should get the ENT involved again. Thankfully, we already have an ENT that we like and trust so I'll give him a call tomorrow. We're going to look specifically at Sage's adenoids. I asked the nurse about testing for PCD but she said that it is such a rare disease that it is doubtful Sage has it and it is a HUGE deal to get her tested for it. I could not ask her many questions, she was in a hurry but that is fine by me!

I've researched adenoidectomies (made up word?) only briefly and I'm not sure what to think of it. Ad. removal is usually done when a child has continuing ear infections or trouble breathing/apnea. If Sage were to need a 2nd set of tubes, protocol is that her adenoids would come out anyway. But she's only had 2 infections since her tubes fell out. 4 infections would land us back in the ENT's office for a surgery consult and away we'd go...
Anyway. I'm not going to waste energy thinking on it before I need to. Here's a good site for learning more...if you're bored??
http://www.drgreene.org/body.cfm?id=555702&action=detail&aeproductid=Adam2004_1&aearticleid=003011

No comments: