My conference with Mrs. Hayes went well. I was actually irked that I had to have one. Meaning, I'd rather the school not cancel class to have parent-teacher conferences. C'mon. The kids are 3! Anyway.
Mrs. Hayes asked what my goals were for Sage. This was easy. 1. play 2. play with kids her OWN age 3. have fun 4. for me to get a break. She loved my list.
She stated that Sage is very "independent" in the classroom and "pleasant to be around". She understands what to do and does it. She also mentioned that she noticed Sage has excellent gross motor skills when playing on the playground. Well, anytime the weather is nice we hit the park so that makes sense. She also told a sweet story about Sage. There is a student in her class that is very unhappy, cries alot and English is her 2nd language (poor kid!!). When she and Sage were walking to lunch this little girl grabbed Sage's hand and Sage just held her hand. Mrs. Hayes thought it was very sweet of Sage to continue holding her hand.
Every day when I drop her off she reminds me, "don't forget my hug and kiss" because I forgot (or more likely got distracted) once, ONCE, just once and she will never, ever, ever let me forget again! False guilt...false guilt...
I try to arrive a little early to watch her play on the playground from my van. Now she looks for me and yells to her teachers and friends, "there's my mommy" and waves at least 5 times to me before going back to playing. I LOVE IT! And I adore watching her run around on the playground with her new friends.

No comments:
Post a Comment