Wednesday, November 11, 2009

-1 tooth





Ainsley bop lost her first tooth last Thursday 11/5/09. Lance pulled it out for her b/c it was really bothering her but she was too afraid to pull it herself. I don't do blood or vomit so I'm thankful Lance wasn't too grossed out to pull it.

While she claims she knows the tooth fairy does not exist, she still wanted to get something under her pillow. However, she wanted to keep her tooth. So, she wrote the tooth fairy a note:

dear tooth fairy
i want to keep my tooth
plese give me money anyway
love
ainsley kelly good

And the Fairy Replied:

Dear Ainsley,
Of course you can keep your tooth!
Your first lost tooth is special! Enjoy your presents!
Love, Toothfairy



While we didn't want to spoil her or set ourselves up for lots of work in the future (when Sage and Jude are losing teeth too) we also didn't want to disappoint her. We ended up putting a small book that I had bought for her at last year's book fair (and totally forgot about) and 8 quarters under her pillow. It was not easy to get her loot under her pillow and get her note out! She said she was most excited about the book so I think that might be our tradition from now on. She has 3 more wiggely teeth!

Sage really wants to take Ainsley's tooth in for show-and-tell at preschool. I successfully talked her out of it for today, but she might win the battle next Thurs. I already warned her teacher.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: