love this pix from Sara
Did I not just write in my last post "I don't do blood or vomit?" Well. What a fool am I!!!
Because we did a lot of vomiting around this house this weekend. A LOT. Jude was very fortunate and only threw up once. Thanks be to God. Sage, Lance and I did not fair as well. Sage and I were finally finished throwing up around 1am on Sat. and Lance started around 3am. DISGUSTING STUFF! Such is life. It is so difficult when both parents get sick. Lance and I took turns going back to bed and caring for the kids on Sunday but we are thankful for a sweet neighbor that took Ainsley the whole afternoon. So far, Ains shows no signs of infection. She refused to sleep in her room on Sat. b/c it was "germy". She chose the basement. Good choice! I feel like everything in our house is contaminated and the laundry, oh, the laundry. I may never, ever get caught up. But let me just tell you. Sage Good can get it in the bowl! I am so proud of her vomiting abilities!
Jude is walking all over the place now. He never went through a phase where he depended on us to hold his hand. He just started walking. He walks with his hands up to catch him when he falls. He is amazing with his walker toy. He can turn it around corners and go backwards.
I failed to mention that last week I was able to weigh him when he was getting his flu shot and I think he's put on a full 2 pounds since my last dr. visit 2 months ago. I sure hope so! 2 full bottles a day help and I make sure he takes them after meals so that they don't interfere with real food calories.
I went to Ainsley's parent/ teacher conference last week. It was good report. I am so proud of her. She is doing well and loves school but she needs to stop playing with her hair and the hair of her friends! I'll take it! Her teacher is a lovely man named M. Sy. He is strict and good with the kids. Ainsley is at a 2nd grade level in most subject areas. In fact, she's already mastered the 75 high frequency words that she's supposed to learn by June. He did say that we might need to schedule a conference in the next quarter about moving her up a grade, blah, blah, blah. I stopped listening at that point. I told him that I hope he doesn't have to call me! I don't want to think about it. So, for now, I am trying hard to not think about it and not really talk about it anymore. Because I don't wanna. That's in the future and thinking too much about it now is a waste of my time and energy.
No comments:
Post a Comment