Monday, December 7, 2009

Snow fun & Plan A-C


As you can see, it was a fun weekend playing in the snow. The snow was very wet so the kids didn't last too long as they quickly got soaked and were "freeeezing". But what a great snowman!

I'm not sure what is going on with my kids. Lance and I are both amazed and discouraged. We try to come up with a plan for good health but then it is all for naught. Sage and Jude are both suffering from colds again. Honestly, Jude never got over his cold and I'm not sure Sage did either. It is now in his chest worse than before and I was up with him at 4am b/c he was coughing so hard. He is NOT wheezing, at least not that I can tell. He just finished up the 10 day dose of antibiotic for his ear infection yesterday. At least I don't have to worry about him getting pneumonia. There's always a positive, right?

Sage started w/ a runny nose this morning. We decided we'd all go to church b/c no one was too bad or had fevers. Naptime resulted in a lot of coughing though. We decided to take her to Awanas regardless. I just looked her teacher in the eye and said, "Sage gets a cold and a cough every 2 weeks and it will be like this all winter. I'm sorry. " In my heart of hearts I don't think Sage could possibly be contagious but I don't have proof. I'm willing to throw out "cough variant asthma" at this point to keep her in normal activities. I guess we'll see how she handles preschool when she is like this and as important, how preschool handles her. This is our "Plan B"...to keep her in normal activities since the "Plan A" of keeping Sage and Jude healthy for longer than 2 week increments seems to be failing. Actually Plan A part 2 is to look into getting our vents cleaned out in our home. I'm sure they've never been cleaned before and I don't think it can hurt. If Plan B fails, Plan C might be for me to get some counseling b/c I can't handle my kids being sick every 2 weeks and being stuck in this tiny house for the whole winter. I just can't do it. I start to get a little crazy. Or a lot crazy. Last time they were sick I remember thinking, "If I go back to work, Lance would have to take time off work and take care of them. We could take turns and at least I wouldn't have to do it all by myself." Yup. A little crazy.

Jude has his ear check on Fri. and I requested that Sage's hearing get screened so we'll squeeze that in during our fun-filled adventure to the doctor's office. I am beefing up on my /s/ skills to work on Sage's speech. It's time. If she doesn't want to work with me, I'll find someone else to work w/ her because she's not going to outgrow this issue.

1 comment:

Lana said...

Hi Cristie, I'm sorry. I wish I knew of anything at all that might help keep your kids from getting sick!

I'm not a counselor but I would be happy to listen to whatever you need to talk about, anytime at all!