Friday, July 2, 2010

11:23pm update

This is quite late for me to be up. I got sucked into a good book and for some odd reason decided I have the energy? to write. But not the energy to post pictures too, sorry!

From waaaaaay back....ENT stuff: Loved Sage's new ENT. He spent lots of time with us and reassured me that she does NOT have VPI (velopharyngeal insufficiency)...speechy stuff, don't worry about it, b/c it's all good. thankful she has good closure and VERY thankful that her hearing is PERFECT!!! Summer threw off our therapy work but we started again yesterday. I needed some inspiration and watching my class/DVD was helpful and gave me some ideas. She is making progress but it is slow-going.

Jude does have fluid in his ears. however his ENT (different from Sage's) has left up when/if to place the tubes b/c his tympanogram was great....meaning his ear drums are working normally so his hearing is likely unaffected. With summer and swimming I don't want to deal w/ plugging his ears and she was in no rush to place tubes. I'll take him back in the fall to discuss it again and touch base. I doubt we'll do anything though until he gets another infection..I am really disappointed that Jude is producing "s" just like Sage. I'm the only one that is greatly disturbed by this but I hear every "s" and "z" that both sage and Jude make....well, I hear all the speech errors of all kids around me too! I am trying to work on this with him daily. He is a good sport and can produce "s" correctly when I prompt him (unlike Sage).

Ainsley has fully recovered from her pneumonia and is just peachy. She reads so fast, she has already finished all the chapter books (probably 15) that I picked up for her yesterday at the library. I promised her we'll go 1x a week if we need to. We had a wonderful week at VBS last week. I worked in Sage's class and Ains and Jude were thrilled to be there as well.

Lance and I are so darn thankful to ron and Lori for watching the kids so we could take a MUCH needed vacation to Baltimore last weekend. It was the first time in 2 years we had been away from the kids and it was wonderful!!!!! We went to a National's game, relaxed, watched a movie, read books, went running together, and ate meals that were uninterrupted!! It was heavenly.

I'm super excited for my dad--this coming week is his last week of treatment! If all goes as planned, he'll be headed home next fri. or Sat. His b-day is July 5th, so it's a great way to celebrate--going home and putting this behind him! Because he is participating in a clinical trial he will return to FL in 6 months and again in 12 months for some poking and prodding.

We went to a water park today and the kids were not happy! they were all cold! the weather has been awesome! cool and no humidity! Not the best time for a water park but the Mr. could not be talked out of it.

Now it is super late! I'll send pictures later.

No comments: