(Warning, Dad was in rare form when he penned this) :)
Dear Family and Friends,
We have completed 30 of 39 treatments and Week Six. Looks like two more weeks to go.
Barb was here this week-end. Now, I have two lists; well, I didn't finish working off the first one yet. We had an awesome week-end beginning Friday a.m. with a visit to the Three Layers Coffee Shop which is right here in the Hood. Three Layers has a little garden out back complete with a resident Guard Rabbit. First thing I know the rabbit is in the chair next to me, and then he is on the table. Definitely, no fear here.
Next we had to almost immediately work our way into lunch by driving down to the country club next to the Naval Air Station to rendezvous with some folks I met at church. That was really nice.
Friday evening, I had treatment followed by dinner at a local eatery; not fancy but good food. (Notice there seems to be an emphasis on eating here.)
Saturday a.m. we were off to Amelia Island, the historic tourist trap of San Fernandina which actually is a very pretty little burg. We had lunch at Brett's by the bay, complete with sea gulls, saiboats, etc. We could definitely come back there: Barb would do whatever it is that she does, and I would sit on the bench in the shade and eat ice cream.
Saturday evening and thanks to son Mike's benevolence, we were back in the San Marco section of J'ville to eat at the Bistro. The food was awesome, and that was made even better by the fact that I didn't have to pay fo it! (Notice the emphasis on eating?) (Barb, what am I supposed to do with the rest of the chocolate chip cookies?)
We have had some weather this week. Monday, there was a real gully washer; the streets flooded, and I left my car windows down just slightly, only enough to take on about three quarts of water. Hmmm. I got it somewhat dried out, and I got wet in the process.
Back inside, took off my wet clothes and put them in the drier. Makes perfectly good sense. The doorbell rang. Awk. What am I supposed to be wearing? I made a hasty adjustment and discovered that it was Alon, my frind from Va. reminding me about the anniversary celebration for John and Karen a few doors down. Well, it was a fine celebration; I counted sixteen people in that little efficiency apartment.
Did I mention that in the meantime, I had decided to dry out my very wet wallet by putting it in the microwave for only a few seconds. Interesting result. I am submitting it as modern art.
Now with a dry car and a new wallet, I have a few Lessons for Life to share with you:
1. Never put your wallet in the microwave - even if it is wet -- especailly if it is wet.
2. Always keep at leat one pair of dry shorts handy regardless of the situation.
3. When it is raining, keep house windows down and car windows up.
That's my wisdom for the moment.
Best to all,
Bob K
1 comment:
Ha, ha! Cristie, I see where you got your sense of humor!
Glad to hear that your dad is doing well.
Post a Comment