Saturday, July 31, 2010

Long day, no results, new camera :)





I'm exhuasted and my head hurts. Apparently, I'm a whiner too. Lance and I have had a disagreement and I'm tired of opinions. I spent nearly 4 hours at a birthday party w/ Ains.after Sage's eval. It was a lovely party but I'm much more of an introvert than I have ever been and I feel like life has been sucked out of me.  Is it bedtime yet?
The SLP was very honest w/ me. She feels that to best figure out Sage's course of treatment, she needs to scope her (numbing spray, camera goes up her nose, down her throat) to see if she has velopharyngeal closure since some variables indicate she may not (hoarse voice at times, respiratory issues, and the s,z) but some variables indicate she does have good closure (can make the "s" following a long "t", no nasal regurgitation, etc). She also wants to definitively rule out a submucousal cleft. ENT wasn't worried about a cleft. I cannot even remember all the logic behind the decision to tell you the truth and I am tired of the swirling arguments going on in my head and trying to justify it 1 way or the other. We are set to do this at 1:30pm Monday but I need to pray and think more about it....later. I am hoping Lance can go w/ me so that he can hear the logic behind all of this and see the testing first hand...if we do it.  We need to be on the same page....I hate for her to have to do this...it's uncomfortable, .it's very expensive.... and it's too hard when I'm relaying the information to him 2nd hand.  I watched this procedure a number of times in grad. school and would sometimes feel faint. Yep. I'm a wuss. Would love your prayers! Motrin is kickin' life. Life already feels better.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: