My kids love to play w/ Anthony and his tractor. Lance was tinkering w/ the camera and took these last night after the girls got home from the pool. The fun never stops in this cul-de-sac.Today was a very busy and eventful day. Lance and I agreed we'd both go to the appt. w/ the SLP, ask our questions and THEN make our decision.....all following some prayer. That's exactly what we did. In the end, we decided to attempt the scope and see how she'd do w/ it. Sage ROCKED it! She is AMAZING!. She did not even show signs of discomfort. She just sat still and did what she was told....like she does at all of her appts. (which, thankfully, she has way fewer appointment now). That was an amazing relief.
What we are now SURE of:
1. Sage's anatomy is good. She is able to make closure when she needs to. Her palate is fine as well. We are so thankful!
2. While her anatomy is good, she does not have a ton of tissue in the pharygneal area but enough.
3. She has a lot of tonsil mass near her airway.
4. Sage's breath support was not fantastic for /s/.
5. Sage beautifully produced /s/ when Beth was working with her. I mean, it was music to my ears! Several therapists have told me over and over that I just cannot be her therapist. Give yourselves a pat on the back ladies, you're right! However, I AM teaching her to read :) That counts, right?
Plan:
Sage is going to start speech therapy w/ Beth at the end of this month. She will be working on both /s/ and vocalic /r/ with her. I've been keeping an ear on her /r/. She produces it like other kids her age. If she is stimulable I would like for her to work on /r/ as well...as long as she does not get frustrated. It might be a welcomed break from /s/ for her. She will also be working on increasing Sage's breath support so as to better produce /s/ and so that others can hear her better. She is very soft spoken in general. All in all, it could not have gone any better. Cheaper would have been lovely though :) Thank you so much for your prayers!
1 comment:
Yay! Thanking God for these results. I love the pictures from your new camera.
Post a Comment