Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Bullet Blog & complete randomness

Life has been busy. sorry. This is as good as I can do for right now.
  • Jude was treated for an ear infection. We'll monitor his ears and decide later if he should get a tube in his right ear.
  • Sage was treated for a sinus infection that has likely been the reason to the coughing for the past 35 days. I'm curious if we'll be taking her sinuses more into consideration now when she starts to cough. I have been thinking this was the direction we needed to move to and I think the pediatrician agrees....
  • Lance was treated for a sinus infection. He traveled to CA for 4 days in October and we survived back home. It was actually not too bad. 
  • Jude is definitely my oldest 2 year old I've ever had. The other day we were walking and he just spat out "whatever" for no particular reason. The girls say this all the time! His sentences continue to get longer and more complex. Lance asked him today where his pacifier was and he very clearly said, "I put it in my bed."  I was almost waiting for him to say "sheesh, daddy, where else would i put it?"
  • Sage's teacher loves having her in her class-I'll write out more thoughts on this later but the 1 compliment that was beautiful to hear was "she's a friend to everyone". 
  • Ainsley is rockin' it at school.  Her teacher has no academic concerns and her behavior has shaped up which is great! She is at 97% for 2nd grade math concepts and at 77% for 3rd grade concepts she has not been taught yet, just exposed to.  She is reading 3rd grade level books. No shocker there. Yesterday, at school, another mom came up to me and just went on and on in French until I reminded her I don't know French. She was shocked and said, "how can you not know French? Ainsley's French is better than my own son's and I have spoken French to him every day of his life".  Okay.
  • Sage was discharged from therapy after only 5 sessions. Did I already write about that? I can't remember.  She was hitting 90% in therapy so we decided she could be done. She hated going and it proved to be quite the motivator to her!  Generalizing is always hard but she is doing well @ home w/ reminders throughout the day.  I've never heard of a client only needing 5 sessions for /s/ and /r/ ! Quite remarkable, believe me.  I would go back to work tomorrow if I could have clients for just 5 sessions :)
  • Ainsley is taking a dance class after school. finally! And it is easy for my scheduling b/c I just pick her up after class at her school. She enjoyed her first class yesterday.
That is all I can post for now.  Gotta head to the bus stop soon.  I'll send out some pictures later.

No comments: