Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween 2010

As a parent I have finally figured out to have low, low, super duper low expectations about family outings, activities etc.  Because here is how things go in our house.....Let's go carve pumpkins, guys! Hooray, they all yell and we hit the deck. We ask them to put  on their shoes and somewhere between those 2 events someone doesn't get his/her way and the crying and sulking begins b/c the incorrect pumpkin has been claimed by another sibling....sulk, sulk, sulk, cry, cry, cry. 

  

I'm going to turn my back to you and pretend to still be angry and no, i am not putting on my shoes.  So we ignore the offended and carry on w/ our carving activity...

Jude watched Lance very intently through this process. Sage had in her mind exactly what she wanted the pumpkin to look like and she did a great job carving it w/ some help.....we're continue to ignore miss sulker right here...

...and we're lickin' duh punkin, mommy. several times in fact.
Posted by Picasa

and look who has put on her shoes and has joined in the fun! Hooray. Notice Lance's bracelet. Sage made it for him months ago and he wears it everyday....even to business meetings. Jude is using a pumpkin knife here.
...and here...

and in the end we are all happy....

...and wearing our tap shoes thank-you-very-much...

what? you need help determining the outfits? a cow, bat, and unicorn! They had a BLAST in the n'hood tonight!


love those silly faces!

Sage's is the 3rd from the left. she wanted a face making an "oh" mouth. Hope your halloween was fun and not scary. I'm going to sort through candy now and maybe send some to the fellas in Afghanistan if I can remember the name of the program...

2 comments:

Lana said...

Great post Cristie! Especially the tap shoes picture. :)

goodcalves said...

hilarious commentary Cristie. And I l.o.v.e. Sage's pumpkin :)