Dear Mom,
Today is your birthday. I am so glad that God made me your daughter. You're the most optimistic person I've ever known. You might get knocked down, but you always, always get back up. Your glass is always half full and you look for the positives in every circumstance. Your influence in my life has been large. Dad always kids about your "volleybiology" degree but I know that your love for exercise and staying fit is the #1 reason I'm at the gym 2-3 times a week, getting my kids outdoors as often as possible, and trying to get everyone to eat their veggies and vitamins. You have always worked hard and with integrity in every area of your life. This too has made an impression on me. You're a go-getter and a do-er, a mover and a shaker. You like to get things done and marked off your list. Me too. But you'll drop that list to the ground if someone needs a hand or you know there's a need and you can fill it. You are definitely a "feeler" and when someone else hurts, you hurt right along with them. I think the quality of empathy speaks the love of Christ loudly. As an adult I've been encouraged in my walk with God as I've seen your faith grow. Thank you for always praying for me and asking others to pray on my behalf. You are amazing to me. Thank you for an amazing childhood filled with so many fond memories and laughter and thanks for being my friend as an adult.
Happy Birthday. I love you dearly,
Cristie
No comments:
Post a Comment