I took Sage to Children's Hospital for her follow-up appt. this morning. Lance and I both felt like it was a waste of time but I was committed to going 1 more time to see what the doc had to say. He said a bunch of mumbo jumbo and I was not impressed. {I should insert that when Sage was sick and I tried to have her seen by this doctor or even just talk to him, I could not make it happen despite 3 phone calls. Reason #1 why I really dislike dealing with Children's.} However, I am glad that I went back because he did remind me of a simple fact I had heard before "It is normal for children to get 10 colds a year". The fact that Sage gets a cold about ever 6 weeks reminds me that she is normal. The fact that she her coughing spells and snotty noses do not appear to be affected by antibiotics tells us that her issue is viral, not bacterial. He kept playing the "reflux card" but my child ONLY coughs when she has a runny nose & cold. That is it. I suppose that it won't hurt to treat her for reflux and see if it helps but I doubt we will. I just don't see much evidence for it. It's a guessing game. We might play around with her diet this summer to see if it makes any difference, or, we might not :)
Dear Children's,
I am sorry to inform you that our relationship has come to an end.
Sincerely,
Cristie K. Good
ps-I will not miss you 1 bit!
pps-I feel really, really good about this!
No comments:
Post a Comment