Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Randoms on Sage

Since March I have been meaning to post these things about Sage.  I'm patting myself on the back right now for still having these nuggets in my brain 6 months later!  I'm not kidding!

In March 2 things happened that made me feel like Sage grew up in great ways and my life felt like it was getting the teeniest, tinsiest, bit easier. Number 1, she grew tall enough and strong enough to OPEN THE DOOR TO THE VAN by herself.  Laugh if you want to, this is super helpful to me! My knees are so thankful.
Number 2. She grew coordinated enough to BUCKLE HER OWN DARN BOOSTER SEAT.  WOO HOO!  This is big news people!
Oh. I have to add a Number 3 here. Sage moved up into Upstreet at church. This means that Sage is now in Ainsley's Sunday School program for the first time ever.  It's nice.

In recent news.....Just today I heard her snapping!  I think her teacher snaps at school  and inspired this new skill and just today she got it!  So happy for her.  In gym today she also learned the Macarena (sp?) See?  Look at all that she's learning in public school! :)  1 day last week she cried before school that she did not want to go. I think she was so tired (bad parents!). But as soon as that school bus came around the corner she was pumped for the day!

Sage's good health continues and we are thankful. VERY thankful. That's 4 months, reader! Some serious awesomeness right there. With the return to school, Ainsley has already had the pukes and Jude has had an icky nose this week.  I am waiting for her to get it but hopeful that she's outgrowing all the coughing and growing into her sinuses. Don't you know that we got the dreaded "a case of lice has been reported in a kindergarten classroom" letter today. Doh!  You know I'll be checking their heads daily!  We also got the "a case of bed bugs ..." letter as well.  That's a first!

This story made me giggle. Sage recently memorized the word "Google", meaning, she can look at it and read it. It IS all over our house.  I had to laugh when her papers from school came home with her writing her name as "Sage Goog".

 Sage is posing in her flower girl dress that she'll be wearing in Rhodie's wedding. We are all excited about the big event!

No comments: