
This sweet little guy is Victor. He lives in Peru and entered our lives in Dec. 2007 when we started sponsoring him through Compassion. He is almost exactly 1 year older than Ainsley. He writes us letters frequently and the kids and I write back. It's so easy. I can send him a letter via email in less than 2 minutes while the kids prefer snail mail. Nearly every day we pray for him.

I don't have a creative bone in my body. But I am fabulous at copying good ideas :) My friend, Julie, inspired me with the idea to sponsor a child that speaks French therefore allowing Ainsley to practice her French writing skills. Her tutor agreed to help with the letter writing and corrections. Letter #1 from Ains will be mailed tomorrow. We are not guaranteed that she speaks French but Haiti was our best choice in terms of countries where the children most likely will speak French. We shall see. Wislande is 1 year older than Ainsley as well. We just became her sponsors as of Oct. 15th.
My kids are already learning so much from sponsoring other kids. Our Compassion magazine comes with a small magazine that Ainsley reads opening her eyes to other countries and poverty. We truly pray for the kids daily. Jude even remembers and reminds me. If you ever decide to sponsor a child, 1 word of practical advice is to sponsor one with a birthday in the same month as your own child's. Gift giving for the sponsored child is easier to remember that way. Victor is an April baby and Wislande is a February baby. It's super easy. Go do it.
1 comment:
I love the idea of choosing a child to sponsor with the same birthday month as your own child! You are a wonderful encouragement! Miss you friend!
Post a Comment