Saturday, February 25, 2012

Ainsley's allergies

Jude is at the library at a train program w/ Lance and the girls are down in the valley playing in the snow. Such odd weather we are having this week! Yesterday the day started at 60 degrees and it was snowing last night. The girls woke us up by saying, "it's snowing out, can we go skiing?"  They are hooked!

Anyway.  I took Ains in for allergy testing this past week.  I really want to know WHAT all my kids are allergic to so that we can try to remove the allergens as much as possible from our home.  Ainsley did test positive for many allergies, but not as many as Sage. I don't have her sheet with me but she's very allergic to dust, and dustmites, 2 molds, oak and maple trees and several summer weeds.  She was hugely bummed to learn she was allergic to both dogs and cats.  She will have more testing done in March to determine if she has any more allergies.  I really like our allergist despite the fact that he went to Duke for medical school. I will see him next week for myself.  I gotta remember to wear my Carolina Blue. He briefly looked over my previous allergy testing from MD and he said, "you reacted to every single thing you were tested for".  Uh huh.

Until next time!

No comments: