Tuesday, September 4, 2012

"My tummy hurts"

Jude had a good morning. He spent most of it playing on the computers (yes, plural), eating popsicles and drinking Gatorade.  He is closely following Ainsley's course with Hell's virus. This afternoon his temp. went up and his stomach began to hurt.  He tried going potty but was afraid to "go" stating that it was "hard" and that it would "hurt". I started to freak that he was constipated b/c this is a kid I cannot let get constipated due to his prolapsed rectum issues.  I can hardly recall what he's eaten since Sat., but it hasn't been much. I did remember him eating rice and bread after he puked on Sunday.

 I called the nurse. She recommended an enema or glycerin suppository. Then I texted and called my girlfriends (aka "the experts") to ask them more questions. I gave him some Tylenol and he fell asleep for a good hour or longer. And then he woke up and has such awful stomach pain.  I had texted Lance to buy an enema and then I remembered that Ainsley had AWFUL stomach pain as well. Nothing ever came of it although I was praying she WOULD vomit and feel better. Never happened for her.  When the fever goes up, the tummy feels awful. That's what I'm learning. It's just come later in this illness for him than it did for her.

And now we own an enema.

Update: 9pm. Jude has pooped. All is well. You'll sleep better knowing that :)

No comments: