The past week has felt long and busy. Mostly with all good stuff but probably crammed into too few days. Maybe that is why Sage and I have colds now. Maybe not.
On Monday Ainsley had a birthday party after preschool. What a crazy idea. Thankfully I was able to carpool w/ Ella's family but it was a lot of driving that day. And she was gone from 9-5:30! On Wed. Ainsley had her 5 year old check up. She did pretty well. She had to get 1 shot (MMR) and bloodwork. She is 44& 1/4 inches tall and 44 pounds. Both her height and weight fall between the 75-90%ile. Looking at her growth chart it seems she is a summer grower. We decided to do the bloodwork to check for Lyme's disease since she recently got bitten by a tick and we weren't sure how long it was attached to her. But the good news is that she doesn't have it. While we were there I also asked the doctor for some education on asthma. She gave me a few handouts to read and some more guidelines about when to take Sage to the ER (hopefully never). It was helpful but not much information. It's a little unnerving to me that they would diagnose her with asthma and then not educate a parent unless asked for. I've already started chatting w/ moms of kids w/ asthma and Lance and I decided that it would be a good idea to take her to see a pediatric pulmonologist. I don't think the ped. is doing anything wrong with Sage's treatment but I feel that sometimes it's just best to go to an expert. I have concerns b/c when she is having an attack, she shows no signs of relief from the albuterol inhaler and the doc. said she should be relieved 20 minutes after the medicine is given to her. Today she has started to cough just a little bit when resting. So please pray it doesn't turn into asthma. As I write this we have a petri dish in our bedroom to check for mold. I sure hope it's a non-issue.
This past Sat. I planted probably 100 bulbs in the backyard (courtesy of our neighbor, Mr. Jeremy). The girls played in the yard b/c Lance was busy trying to finish the baseboards inside. When I looked at Sage's leg something stuck out to me and I could not believe that she could have a tick!!! It was so tiny I was not even sure if we were pulling a tiny scab off the poor child or a deer tick. I think it was on for so short of a time that I'll watch and see how she is acting. I can't stand the thought of going back in for more bloodwork for the same dumb thing, just different child in less than a week! Maybe I'll start spraying them with the natural tick repellent I have. I just hate putting that stuff on their skin. Sunscreen is bad enough for them.
On Friday Ainsley had her kindergarten orientation. I was impressed b/c it seemed well organized and efficient. I keep telling her she may not go to that school (lottery for magnet school happens in May) but we still have to go to the orientation just in case. She informed me that she "doesn't want to go to that school b/c there are too many boys and too many big kids". Lance told her that is how it is at any elem. school and that we can't afford the all-girl schools anyway :)
I went clothes shopping for the girls this week. Ainsley asks me every day if she can wear a dress or skirt so I just gave in and bought her 2 skirts and 2 pairs of shorts. I'll get her some summer dresses when it's a little warmer. Mom got her 2 dresses for her b-day and she's already worn them both. But if the girl wants to wear a dress everyday, so be it. She is doing a good job of changing into play clothes when we head outdoors so that is nice and helpful on the budget.
This week I plan to contact the dry wall guy and the hardwood flooring company. I'm ready to get these jobs finished!
Here are some funny conversations from the kids this week:
-Sage and I went to the PO. As we were leaving a guy opened the door and as she proceeded to walk through she said, "Thank you". The guy, myself, and a PO worker started cracking up. So ladylike.
-While playing outside the kids found a spider in the sandbox. They wanted Daddy to come see it. When Lance asked if it was big, Sage said, "big enough!".
-I wish I could remember this conversation verbatim but I can't. This is the best I can do.
On the way home from bible study Ains made some relevant comment about Bible Study. Then Sage chimes in with, "I wonder if you can put sparkles (sprinkles) on cake" This kid loves sprinkles and cake. Ainsley said, "Sage, we are talking about Bible study, NOT cake". Sage couldn't let it go. She said, "Bible study is OVER, and we are talking about CAKE".
Ainsley is VERY into this pregnancy. Almost every morning she'll ask me if my belly has gotten any bigger. That's a little humbling to hear everyday! She wants to know how I'm feeling and just how many more weeks it's going to be before the baby is born. She also asks me everyday if I've felt the baby move yet.
Update on baby #3. Today when I went to tie my bathrobe I could tell a HUGE difference in how it fits me. Again, quite humbling. It's always a bummer to be sick while pregnant. AT this stage I really can't take anything. It will be worth it though for a healthy baby.