Sunday, February 8, 2009

Update on our sick week-please pray they get well fast!






I don't have much time to write. I wish I did. I write blog posts in my head all day long but never get to write them out.

It was a tough week last week here in the Good home. Jude has RSV and is STILL wheezing and Sage's asthma is in FULL force. She is coughing all the time and I hate it for her. I really don't like these respiratory issues that make me worry so much over my children. The doctor even had me counting Jude's breaths per minute to make sure he was doing okay and wasn't taking a turn for the worst on Fri. He is s-l-o-w-l-y getting better. I was doing okay until about Thurs. or Fri. when Ainsley decided to join the sick group w/ a virus & fever. She seems well enough to get back to school tomorrow. Lance had to take off part of Fri. b/c I was starting to lose it. Really, I was close to losing it. It is overwhelming to nurse every 3 hours, give Sage a breathing treatment every 3 hours, and then give Jude a breathing treatment every 4 hours. We are still doing these breathing treatments days into this and it stinks. 1 of us has to get up in the wee hours of the morning to get a breathing treatment into Sage. I hate asthma. Sorry to be a downer, but it's just honesty.

I'm planning to post some pictures that will likely have to tell ya what we've been up to in weeks past. I am busy trying to make up for 7 days in the house w/ sick kids and planning Sage's birthday party next weekend.

Some sillys to end on:
Ainsley tells Lance, "When you tell mom what snack I had, she's gonna freak out". Freak out huh? Is she going on 6 or 16?

Sage melted my heart today. I had just shown her the BLACK plates and BLACK napkins I got for her party. BTW, I'm so glad we are going through with the "black, chocolate birthday party". She is so excited. She came up to me a few minutes later and said so sweetly and totally spontaneously, "I'm so glad I get to have a black, chocolate birthday party." Precious. When I told the lady at the bakery I wanted a black cake she asked if Sage was turning 13. They are going to have to dye the white frosting black. She is afraid it won't be appealing but I know 1 little girl who is gonna love it.
Sage said of Jude, "Mom, do you hear him snoozing?" What? "Do you hear him snoozing?" She meant "wheezing".

No comments: