Thursday, June 18, 2009

Lot's goin' on...but first some photos

Jude's toe that he uses to push himself all throughout the house.

Ainsley graduates from kindergarten! She did exceptionally well this year in her French Immersion program. We are so proud of her!

Ainsley came home on Tues. (last day of school) and insisted that she read through her French notebook. Okay!

A sweet friend recently wrote me an email that said "you have a lot going on in your life right now". I guess that is true. But I guess it has become my "normal" and that is all I know. I'll try to remember everything. First, an update on Sage. I took her to see Dr. Daly on Tues. Within about 5 minutes of talking we had pretty much decided Sage needs to have her adenoids removed. He did not put a scope up her nose to torture her just to see the adenoids. He could see them a little up her nose and in her throat, but could not glean too much info from his exam. I didn't ask him the usual 541 questions that I would normally. I trust him and in my gut I think I've known this was coming for awhile. I did call Dr. Hall today and she agrees with Daly 100% and even gave me a few more reasons to do it. First off, Sage's eardrums are retracted and "angry". Not infected, but not perfect. Second, she has lots of sinus and upper respiratory issues and her quality of life stinks (getting sick every 3 weeks). Getting the adenoids out will address all of these issues. Her tonsils will stay and we won't proceed with a 2nd set of tubes. What I really wish that Daly had told me was that he is leaving the practice! I called to schedule her surgery for July 10 but it might now work out. In that case, I will probably try to follow him to his next practice and schedule surgery later in the summer (provided he's still going to have rights at Shady Grove Hosp.)

Last week we got our house appraised with the hope that we'd be able to refinance. We bought our current home for 407k and it appraised for only $248k. I was close to throwing up when we got the paperwork. It just feels like we have not been good stewards w/ our money but I know that is not truly the case and that this is a "rich person's problem" (thank you Andy Stanley & Lana). So, we try to focus on all our many blessings and move on. Side note...Lance is going to call the mortgage guy b/c it seems unfair to us that our home was compared to only foreclosed properties in our n'hood. Surely ours is nicer than those! Whatever.

I came home from church this past Sunday and cried. I am feeling "done" with trying to make this church work for us. Lance is done as well. Interestingly enough, I am enjoying a women's bible study on Wed. nights there, but not much else. It really, REALLY does not sit will with me that Ainsley is required to attend the sermon. It kinda makes me sick to think about, actually. I know there are good reasons, but it is not fair to her, and frankly, it's not "fair" to me either. I cannot focus at all on the sermon and she is bored despite a bag of activities. I don't want her to start disliking going to church and I can see us kinda heading down that path. This summer we will be gone alot so we might continue to go there when we're home....or not. I think we stay b/c it's easy, convenient, and we don't want to hurt people's feelings (the main issue).

The last huge issue I can think about is Lance's job....each day we try to get a feel for what is going on & what has changed between the days....Since it does change each day I won't post about it all but if PARC continues to fund this business for another 6 months, it would likely require a pay cut. Nice. Because, you know, I couldn't refinance my house to help save some cash!

It's rained and rained off and on, but it's still been nice to have everyone here. Now that Ains is home with us, I realized today just how much I missed her while she was in school.

No comments: