Thursday, July 15, 2010

Cuddles

Dear Jude,
I check on you every night before I go to bed. I always smile when I see you sprawled out in your crib. You sleep on your tummy just like Daddy.  Sometimes you shove your head into the corner so that your little noggin gets sweaty from the bumper. Other nights you don't.  Sometimes you wake up when I walk in. Before you are even really awake you stand up and say, "cuddles". "cuddles mommy". I pick you up to cuddle but before we get the chance you point to the green chair in the corner. this is where all cuddles must take place.  After a few seconds of cuddles you ask for "wa wa" all the while keeping your beloved "mmmm" (pacifier) in your mouth.  We go into the bathroom. It's painful for your should-be sleeping eyes. You can't even open them, but you drink your wa wa.  We return to the green chair for another cuddle and then, just like your daddy did, you point to your crib and say, "go nigh nigh". And you do. I love our cuddles and I love you.

Mommy

No comments: